I woke up wondering what would change if legislators (at any level, local through international) could vote over the Internet. What’s the implication of that (inevitable, although maybe not in my lifetime) change in the way that representative government takes place?
Here are some initial thoughts before heading off to the farm this morning.
– would spend more time in their home district
– would be more influenced by the voices of the people they represent
– would be harder for lobbyists to reach
– wouldn’t need to be paid as much (since they would only need one residence)
– would spend less time on travel
I think there are some great quality, performance and cost enhancements possible here. I’ll keep editing this for a few days…